News Patiala: A fire broke out in the sports showroom at Baljit Colony on Chaura Road in Patiala. The neighbors immediately informed the fire brigade department after coming to know about it. As soon as the information was received, the fire brigade team reached the spot and brought the fire under control with full speed. But by then the goods lying in the showroom had burnt to ashes.
Giving information in this regard, Amandeep Singh, an employee of the fire brigade, said that he received the information at 7 o’clock on Monday morning. A sports showroom has caught fire in Baljit Colony on Chaura Road. When they reached the spot, the fire had spread all around. But the shutter of the showroom was opened by the landlord who arrived before that. Neighbors were also trying to extinguish the fire by pouring water. After this, the fire brigade team immediately started work to control the fire. But by the time the fire was brought under control, the goods in the showroom had burnt to ashes. He appealed to the people to install a fire safety system while setting up any shop so that such an untoward incident can be avoided.