Focus on Education, Health, Employment, Zero Tolerance for Corruption
News Patiala:- On the occasion of India’s 77th Independence Day, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann addressed the people and outlined his government’s priorities for the state. Mann said that the government is committed to sprucing up the education, health, and employment sectors, and that it has adopted a zero tolerance policy towards corruption.
Mann also expressed his solidarity with the people of Punjab who have suffered losses due to heavy rains and floods. He said that the government is duty-bound to compensate the people for their losses, and that a special girdawari has been ordered to assess the damage.
In his speech, Mann also paid tribute to the freedom fighters and martyrs of Punjab. He said that Punjabis have played a leading role in India’s freedom struggle, and that they have a proud history of courage and sacrifice.
Here are some of the key points from Mann’s speech:
- The Punjab government is committed to providing quality education to all children in the state.
- The government is investing in improving healthcare facilities in Punjab.
- The government is creating new jobs for the youth of Punjab.
- The government has adopted a zero tolerance policy towards corruption.
- The government is committed to helping the people of Punjab who have been affected by the recent floods.
CM Bhagwant Mann said that the state government is laying special emphasis on strengthening the education sector. For this, 117 Schools of Eminence are being constructed across the state. These schools will provide the best quality education to the students with aim of grooming them for professional and competitive courses.
The state government has also started free training courses for the teachers/Principals abroad and within the country so that their expertise and knowledge can be further enhanced.
Mann said that the state government has opened 659 Aam Aadmi Clinics across the state. These clinics have revolutionized the health care sector in the state as more than 95% of patients visiting these clinics daily recover from their ailments.
The state government is also setting up 16 new medical colleges across Punjab. These colleges will ensure that people get quality medical treatment in the state.
CM Bhagwant Mann said that the state government has launched a citizen centric campaign called ‘CM di Yogshala’. Under this campaign, people can get free yoga training from highly trained instructors in open parks and other public places.
Mann urged the people of Punjab to join hands with the state government in its efforts to build a better future for the state.
The Punjab government has given government jobs to 31,629 youth of the state, a record for any state government in its first year. The jobs have been provided in a transparent and merit-based manner. The state government has also roped in leading industrial tycoons to create more than 2.8 lakh jobs in the private sector.
Zero Tolerance Against Corruption
The state government has adopted a zero tolerance policy against corruption. An anti-corruption action line has been launched on Whatsapp, and based on complaints received on this line, around 400 corrupt officers and officials have been arrested.
War Against Drugs and Gangsters
The state government has launched a major crackdown against drug peddlers and gangsters. Since March 2022, Punjab Police have arrested 22,892 drug smugglers and recovered 1461 kg of heroin, 1075 kg of opium, 651 quintals of poppy husk, and 1.09 crore tablets/capsules/injections/vials of Pharma opioids. The state government has also formed the Anti-Gangster Task Force (AGTF), which has succeeded in busting 230 gangster/criminal modules and arresting 741 hardcore gangsters/criminals.
The Punjab Vidhan Sabha has unanimously passed a resolution to request the Government of India to name the upcoming International Airport at Indian Air Force Station Halwara, Ludhiana as Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha International Airport. This will be a tribute to the iconic martyr who laid down his life for the motherland.
- Mann highlighted the state government’s initiatives to provide free power to 90% of consumers, introduce new industrial, electric vehicle, tourism, and sports policies, and make Punjab a drug-free state. He called on all Punjabis to play an active role in the journey to make Punjab prosperous and a front runner state of the country.
- The state government is committed to providing free power to 90% of consumers. This will benefit millions of people and help to reduce poverty.
- The state government has introduced new industrial, electric vehicle, tourism, and sports policies. These policies will help to attract investment, create jobs, and boost the state’s economy.
- Mann’s speech was well-received by the people of Punjab. They appreciated his focus on education, health, employment, and corruption. They also welcomed his commitment to helping the people who have been affected by the floods.
- In Independence Day speech, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann highlighted the state government’s focus on education, healthcare, and yoga.
- The state government is committed to making Punjab a drug-free state. This is a major challenge, but the government is determined to succeed.
- Mann called on all Punjabis to play an active role in the journey to make Punjab prosperous and a front runner state of the country. He said that the state’s future depends on the active participation of its people.
- CM Bhagwant Mann speech was well-received by the people of Punjab. They are hopeful that the state government will be able to deliver on its promises and make Punjab a better place to live.