News Patiala: July 10th 2023- Punjab is a state in northwestern India that is prone to flooding. In recent years, the state has experienced several major floods, causing widespread damage and loss of life. In order to help people stay safe during floods, the Punjab government has established a number of flood control rooms. These rooms are staffed by trained professionals who can provide information and assistance to people affected by flooding.
Flood Control Room Contact Numbers
The following are the contact numbers for the flood control rooms in Punjab:
- Patiala Flood Control Room: 01752350550
- Jalandhar Flood Control Room: 01812224417
- Ludhiana Flood Control Room: 01612433100
- Amritsar Flood Control Room: 018322229125
- Bathinda Flood Control Room: 01632862100
- Sangrur Flood Control Room:01672234196
- Roopnagar Flood Control Room: 01881221157
- SAS Nagar Flood Control Room: 01722219506
- Firozpur Flood Control Room: 01632244017
Oher Important Helpline Numbers
In addition to the flood control room numbers, there are a number of other important helpline numbers that people can call in the event of a flood:
- Police: 100
- Fire: 101
- Ambulance: 108
- Centralized Helpline Number: 112
- Women Helpline: 1091
- Traffic Helpline: 1073
- Child Helpline: 1098
- Tourism Support Helpline: 104
How to Stay Safe During a Flood
If you are in an area that is prone to flooding, it is important to be prepared. Here are some tips on how to stay safe during a flood:
- Stay informed: Monitor weather reports and listen to local radio or television stations for updates on flooding conditions.
- Move to higher ground: If you live in an area that is likely to flood, have a plan for moving to higher ground.
- Evacuate if necessary: If you are told to evacuate, do so immediately.
- Stay away from floodwaters: Floodwaters can be dangerous, even if they appear to be shallow.
- Be aware of electrical hazards: Floodwaters can often contain downed power lines. Stay away from any downed power lines and report them to the authorities immediately.