Patiala Floods: Rescue operations are underway in Patiala after overflowing from a large river inundated nearby areas. The district administration and army officials have evacuated several people from Gobind Bagh Colony and Urban Estate Phase II. Deputy Commissioner Sakshi Sahni is supervising the rescue operations.
The water level in the Sutlej river has risen sharply due to incessant rains in the region. This has led to flooding in several parts of Patiala, including Gobind Bagh Colony and Urban Estate Phase II. The army and the administration have been working together to rescue people from the waterlogged areas.
So far, several people have been evacuated to safe places. The rescue operations are still ongoing and the administration is urging people to stay safe.
Here are some tips for staying safe during floods:
- Stay indoors if possible.
- If you must go outside, be aware of your surroundings and avoid walking or driving through flooded areas.
- If you are caught in a flood, climb to higher ground or seek shelter in a safe place.
- Do not drive through flooded areas.
- Listen to local radio or TV stations for updates on the flooding situation.
For more information on the floods in Patiala, please visit the following websites: