Chandigarh, October 22, 2023: The Punjab Transport Department has canceled 39 bus permits of private bus operators, including Orbit, Dabwali, and Deep. These permits have been canceled on the orders of the High Court.
The Transport Department has found that these permits were illegally clubbed together, which is against the guidelines of the department. The department has also found that some of these operators were running buses without proper permits.
The list of 39 bus permits that have been canceled is as follows:
- Orbit Aviation Pvt Ltd Bathinda (12 permits)
- Dabwali Transport Co Pvt Ltd Bathinda (13 permits)
- Jujhar Passenger Bus Service Pvt Ltd Luahdiana (7 permits)
- New Deep Motors Regd Channu, Gidderbaha (2 permits)
- New Deep Bus Service Regd Gidderbaha (1 permit)
- Victory Transport Co Regd Moga (1 permit)
- Harvindra Highways Bus Service Regd Moga (1 permit)
- Ex-Servicemen Coop Transport Company Ltd Moga (1 permit)
- Bathinda Bus Company HO Bathinda (1 permit)
The Transport Department has said that it will not tolerate any violation of the rules and regulations. The department has also warned private bus operators to operate their buses in a safe and responsible manner.