Know shopping, auspicious timings, and the importance of worship
News Patiala: According to the Hindu calendar, the festival of Dhanteras falls on the Trayodashi of Krishna Paksha in Kartik. This day is considered very auspicious and important as they consider it auspicious to buy gold, silver, utensils, and even instruments. The belief behind shopping on this day is that buying such items on this day brings good luck and the grace of Goddess Lakshmi to the home. This year Dhanteras will be celebrated on October 23. Know the auspicious time and significance of Dhanteras.
When is Dhanteras 2022?
This year the festival of Dhanteras will be celebrated on 23 October 2022. With this, the five-day festival of Diwali will begin. Which will end with Bhaiya Duj.
Happy Dhanteras 2022
- Krishna Paksha of Kartik month starts on Trayodashi Tithi – 22 October 2022 at 6.02 PM
- End of Krishna Paksha Trayodashi of Kartik month – 23 October 2022 till 6.03 PM
- Auspicious Time for Worship – Sunday, 23 October 2022 from 5:44 PM to 6.05 PM
- Pradosh Call: 5:44 PM to 8.16 PM.
- Varshabha Call: 6:58 PM to 8:54 PM in the evening.
Importance of Dhanteras
Dhanteras, also known as Dhantaryodashi, marks the beginning of the five-day-long Diwali festival. It is believed that Lord Kuber, Goddess Lakshmi, and Lord Dhanvantari came out of the sea during the churning of the sea on this day. So all three deities are worshiped on this day. Along with this, shopping on this day is also considered auspicious.
Diwali 2022 Calendar
- October 23, Sunday – Dhanteras
- October 24, Monday – Narak Chaturdashi, Lakshmi Puja
- October 25, Tuesday – Govardhan Puja
- October 26, Wednesday – Bhai Duj